Wednesday, October 31, 2012

All It Takes Is A Spark

Just a small spark, an encounter with someone new, is all it takes to make a roaring fire.  The first time making eye contact with that boy/girl in the hallway, can be all it takes to set your heart on fire. Love.  It’s a powerful word for someone young to say.  It has a friendly meaning to it, but also a deeper more compassionate side to it.  Anything can set off that spark, almost any encounter with any person. For me, it was an ice rink (of all places) where I first felt the word “Love”.
 He wasn’t the guy I was expecting to meet that night though.  It was suppose to be his friend.  His friend (Ryan) decided to say that “he didn’t like socializing while skating”.  So that was a dud.  His friend Brian started to talk to me that night though.  He had conversations with me, he and I shared laughter, we had a much better time together then I would have had with Ryan.  It was really unexpected, but I vividly remember the night.
 All it took was that first word spoken, and he had me hooked.  Nothing special, no flowers, shiny jewelry, none of that.  It was just how he carried himself and how he was to me at that moment, that it was just so alluring to me. 
 This happened a year and a month ago exactly.
 Today, Brian and I are now dating.  We have been together ever since 10.14.11.  That’s over a year.  To me is amazing that I can have such a strong relationship like this, at such a young age. 


 And all it took,
 Was a spark

No comments:

Post a Comment